Multi Trades Training
Formwork Apprenticeship (Level 2)
At Multi Trades Training we offer on-site formwork apprenticeship (level 2) training available in the South East and Midlands area of the United Kingdom.
Typical Duration to Gateway:
18 months (this does not include EPA period)
What You Will Learn
|Health, Safety and Environment||– Understanding the health, safety and welfare principles and how they must be applied on-site. Compliant with current regulations including the Health and Safety at|
– Work Act 1974, Provision and Use of Workplace Equipment 1998, Manual Handling Operation Regulations 1992.
– The various safe techniques ways to move, handle and store supplies and how risk assessments, methods statements and manufacturers’ guidance relate to their activities
|Communication||How to communicate with others and follow organisational procedures to conform to productive work practices|
The affects that poor communication could have on the progression and how to use communication correctly to improve teamwork.
|Planning, preparing and organising work||The material application relevant in accordance with the contract specification and planning the sequence of works involved with other construction trades. How to decipher and produce building information using relevant equipment to produce drawings correctly.|
|Technical||How to form, assemble repair, erect and strike formwork. Having awareness of the various formwork systems which include traditional and proprietary and their applications.|
The conducts of building methods and construction technology, various types of building structures and their influence on their energy efficiency levels.
How to use and maintain hand tools, power tools and ancillary equipment. Has the ability to interpret/ apply information from drawings and specifications
|Skill||The ability to|
|Communication||Communicate in a clear and appropriate manner (verbal, written & body language). Adjusts|
communication to suit different situations, individuals or teams.
|Health, Safety and Environment||Apply general workplace health, safety and welfare requirements when undertaking construction|
Undergo safe working techniques for moving, lifting and handling traditional and proprietary
formwork system; this includes working at heights and using access equipment.
|Planning, preparing and organising works||Demonstrate knowledge of planning and able to undertake different methods of construction used to build structures productively. able to read, take in and apply information from drawings|
specifications and construction information.
Can take ownership of assigned projects and successfully manages own time.
|Building Relationship||Use a range of methods used to communicate workplace requirements effectively and demonstrate how the key personnel should converse effectively within a team.|
|Technical||Form and assemble horizontal and vertical formwork as per design drawings and repair, erect and strike formworking.|
Erect, Strike formwork/ falsework and its components for a range of functions including wall, slabs/bases, columns, beams and precast units to support concrete.
Able to securely use, store and maintain hand tools, power tools and ancillary apparatus.
|Behaviour||What is required|
|Flexibility||Shows willingness to adjust their approach to help organisation and individuals to manage their different priorities as situations change.|
|Self- management||Is proactive and takes ownership of assigned tasks and effectively manages own time.|
Logically thinks using clear and valid consideration when making decision to undertake the work instruction
Works successfully with others and completes work in a reliable and beneficial manner.
|Health, Safety and Environment||Promotes and applies safe, healthy and environmental working methods and standards|
Safeguards personal wellbeing and others safety, resisting pressures to work following unsafe practices when striking / erecting formwork / falsework and taking clear responsibility for completion of their own work.
|Building Relationship||Actively seeks to build good and sustainable relationships with work colleagues.|
Constantly aims to help individuals and co-operate to achieve outcomes as part of a team.
|Communication||Applies equality, diversity and inclusion when working/communicating respectfully in team and with other trades.|
|Personal development||Takes ownership of their own development by assessing their own skills, qualities and set goals to maximise their potential.|
To qualify for this apprenticeship training you will need a level 1 in English and maths and take the test for level 2 for both prior to taking the end point assessment.
For individuals with an education, health and care plan or legacy statement the minimum requirement for the apprenticeship is a level 3 in English and maths. Sign language qualifications are an alternative to the English qualification.
How Our Formwork Apprenticeship Works
- We deliver on-site construction trades training apprenticeships throughout the South East and Midlands
- You will not need to attend college when undertaking apprenticeship training with Multi Trades Training, How? all assessments are on-site with our mobile training workshop and online theory lessons, this saves the apprentice a days pay a week and the employer better staff availability
- Our training can be tailored to the company or individuals needs, we believe that this approach is the best for both individuals
- We can help you from start to finish e.g. writing a contract or sourcing funding. Our friendly and experienced team are always on hand to help you
What to Expect From Multi Trades Training
- New flexible and innovative apprenticeship delivery
- Deliver apprenticeships with the minimum amount of administration, form filling and fuss
- Support where and when you need it
- Electronic enrolment
- Electronic contracts
- Digital Apprenticeship Service manager
- The whole apprenticeship training can be completed from your place of work