Multi Trades Training
Carpentry Apprenticeship Level 2
Carpentry Apprenticeship (Level 2)
Adaptable, quality, less red tape & always on hand to guide you. Multi Trades Training offers on-site carpentry apprenticeship level 2 training, available in the South East and Midlands area of the United Kingdom.
Typical Duration to Gateway:
What Will You Learn
- How to make structural carcassing
- How to erect trussed rafter roofs, gables, verge and eaves
- Install floor joists & coverings
- The working at height regulations
- Carry out second fixing work including installation of service encasement, cladding, wall and floor units, moulding, ironmongery and side hung doors
- Carry out first fixing work; timber frames and lining, coverings, flat roof decking, timber stud partitions, straight flights of stairs and installing spindles & handrails to stairs
- The various types of fixing and fasteners
Power & Hand Tools
- How to set up, use and maintain power tools including visual first use check (e.g. drills, routers, portable saws e.g. circular, planers, sanders, multi-functional tools, nail guns and how to produce jigs.)
- preparing, using and maintaining hand tools including tool limitations and sharpening techniques (e.g chisels, planes, hand saws, hammers)
- The principles of environment, health, safety and welfare. E.g. safety, storage of materials, electrical, emergency procedures & accidents
- Current legislation and official guidance e.g. Control of Substances Hazardous to Health, Manual Handling and Working at Height Regulations.
- How to use health and safety control equipment including personal protective equipment (PPE), respiratory protective equipment (RPE), local exhaust ventilation (LEV)
- The principles of building construction terminology and components including foundations, roofs, walls, floors, utilities and services, Building Information Modelling (BIM) and environmental and sustainability considerations
- How to read and create relevant information from drawings, specifications and work instructions including the basic principles of Computer Aided Design
- How to estimate resource quantities to carry out work e.g. quantity of fixings, length of timber, sheet materials
- How to communicate and work with others effectively
- The different types of wood and their properties including quality, uses, sustainability, defects and limitations associated with timber and timber-based products and components, such as selected African hardwood and American, Scandinavian standards for softwood, plywoods, manufactured timbers, MDF, home grown carcassing, adhesives and mastics.
How Our Carpentry Apprenticeship Works
- We deliver on-site construction trades training apprenticeships throughout the South East and Midlands
- You will not need to attend college when undertaking apprenticeship training with Multi Trades Training, How? all assessments are on-site with our mobile training workshop and online theory lessons, this saves the apprentice a days pay a week and the employer better staff availability
- Our training can be tailored to the company or individuals needs, we believe that this approach is the best for both individuals
- We can help you from start to finish e.g. writing a contract or sourcing funding. Our friendly and experienced team are always on hand to help you
What to Expect From Multi Trades Training
- New flexible and innovative apprenticeship delivery
- Deliver apprenticeships with the minimum amount of administration, form filling and fuss
- Support where and when you need it
- Electronic enrolment
- Electronic contracts
- Digital Apprenticeship Service manager
- The whole apprenticeship training can be completed from your place of work
Carpentry apprenticeship not what you’re looking for?
We offer a range of on-site construction apprenticeships from carpentry, bricklaying, formwork, painting and decorating, groundwork, kitchen fitting, plastering, bench joinery, plant operating, fencing, cabinet making and interior systems whether you’re an employer or individual click here to view all of our apprenticeships.
We also offer fully online NVQs from bathroom and kitchen fitting, groundwork, painting and decorating, bench joinery 2 and 3, site supervisor, dry lining finishing, fixing and boarding, brickwork 2 and 3 and formwork.