Welcome to the NVQ Level 2 Carpentry Page
Pay for your NVQ Level 2 in Carpentry Monthly
Click the link above to pay for this product over 3 months (£279.60 per month)
Click the link above to pay for this product over 5 months (£167.76 per month)
The NVQ Level 2 in Carpentry training is specifically designed for operatives who have experience working in the trade either from the UK or abroad and delivered completely on-site. The assessor will observe you working and gather evidence of your competence. You will also need to complete some written NVQ Level 2 Carpentry questions which you can download once you have purchased the product.
There is an option to answer the questions verbally which can be purchased on the next page.
We have various payment options including – Paying in full, over 3 months or 5 months via Direct Debit
You will need to complete 4 Mandatory. Please see the list below
You will need to complete 6 units to include 3 Mandatory and 3 Optional. Please see the list below
NVQ Level 2 Carpentry Mandatory Units
- Moving, Handling and Storing Resources in the Workplace (Manual Handling)
- Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace (Working Relationships)
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace (Heath and Safety)
NVQ Level 2 Carpentry Optional Units
- Setting Up and Using Transportable Cutting and Shaping Machines in the Workplace (Using powertools including Skill saws, Chop saws, Planes, Drills, Routers etc)
- Maintaining Non-structural Carpentry Work in the Workplace (replacing, splicing and repairing timber products)
- Install Second Fixing Components in the Workplace (Skiting, Architraves, Kitchens, Doors)
- Installing First Fixing Components in the Workplace (Stairs, door and window frames, linings, studwork, flooring)
- Demonstrate how to Install Fire Resisting Timber Door Assemblies and Door sets in the Workplace (installing fire doors and associated components)
- Erecting Structural Carcassing Components in the Workplace (simple roofing and joists)
On payment you will receive:
- An induction and welcome pack together with a link to an induction checklist and skills scan. (this is to be completed before contact with the assessor)
- A set of NVQ job knowledge questions which must be completed before your second visit
Your assessor will:
- Contact you within 3 working days once we have received your induction checklist
- Conduct at least 2 on-site visits and be able to receive any photographs, documents or video’s via e-mail, text, whatsapp or on paper
We operate from the South of England to the Midlands including – Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Dorset, Somerset, Sussex, Birmingham, Kent and London. All of our NVQ’s are carried out on you site so there is no need for you to travel or miss a day’s work.
Once you have completed the the course you can apply for your card via the CSCS website or by our card booking service. Please be aware that you need to have a valid Health and Safety Environment test which has been taken within the last 2 years. You will be entitled to a Blue CSCS Card.