Welcome to the NVQ Level 2 Carpentry Page
Who is This Course For?
The NVQ Level 2 in Carpentry course is specifically designed for operatives who have experience working in the trade either from the UK or abroad, it is delivered completely online.
Online NVQ Carpentry Course – How It Works
The online assessor will observe work you have uploaded through the Quals portal whether that be videos, witness statements, professional discussions or documents, gathering evidence of your competence. You will also need to complete some written NVQ Level 2 Carpentry questions; you can download them once you have purchased the course.
There is an option to answer the questions verbally that can be purchased on the next page.
You will need to complete 4 Mandatory. Please see the list below
You will need to complete 6 units to include 3 Mandatory and 3 Optional. Please see the list below
NVQ Level 2 Carpentry Mandatory Units
- Moving, Handling and Storing Resources in the Workplace (Manual Handling)
- Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace (Working Relationships)
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace (Heath and Safety)
NVQ Level 2 Carpentry Optional Units
- Setting Up and Using Transportable Cutting and Shaping Machines in the Workplace (Using powertools including Skill saws, Chop saws, Planes, Drills, Routers etc)
- Maintaining Non-structural Carpentry Work in the Workplace (replacing, splicing and repairing timber products)
- Install Second Fixing Components in the Workplace (Skiting, Architraves, Kitchens, Doors)
- Installing First Fixing Components in the Workplace (Stairs, door and window frames, linings, studwork, flooring)
- Demonstrate how to Install Fire Resisting Timber Door Assemblies and Door sets in the Workplace (installing fire doors and associated components)
- Erecting Structural Carcassing Components in the Workplace (simple roofing and joists)
On payment you will receive:
- An induction and welcome pack together with a link to an induction checklist and skills scan. (this is to be completed before contact with the assessor)
- A log in to Quals direct e-portfolio where you will complete questions and upload your on-site work to be assessed.
Your assessor will:
- Contact you within 3 working days once we have received your induction checklist
- Assess your on-site work evidence you have submitted online; this could be videos, witness statements, professional discussions or documents.
Once you have completed the the course you can apply for your card via the CSCS website or by our card booking service. Please be aware that you need to have a valid Health and Safety Environment test which has been taken within the last 2 years. You will be entitled to a Blue CSCS Card.
Carpentry NVQ Level 2 not what you’re looking for?
We offer a wide range of online construction NVQs, which include site management and supervision, shop, bathroom and decking, dry lining fitting, finishing and boarder, Maintenance, carpentry level 2 and 3, plastering level 2 and 3, Brickwork level 2 and 3, formwork, maintenance and many more, click here to view all of our courses. Once you have completed your online NVQ with MT Training we can help you to apply for your different CSCS cards, Green (CSCS Test), Blue, Gold and Black.
As well as online NVQs we also offer apprenticeship training for employers and individuals in the South East of England and midlands, whether you’re looking for carpentry, formwork, plastering or fencing apprenticeship we have a wide selection, click here to find out more.