Who Is This Course For?
The Weekend DIY course is designed for people with little or no experience in DIY or for people who want to improve their skills. It is designed to give you the confidence to complete projects around the house. This course can also be used as a taster for people wanting to get into the construction trade.
Weekend DIY Course – How It Works/ timetable
You will be trained in a group of up to 8 people. You will have your own area and space to carry out the work
Our ethos is to ensure you are trained and ready for the next stage. So if it takes you a few more hours than others then that is ok. We are here to ensure the time is taken to enable you to be comfortable with the jobs in hand.
What does the course cover?
You will learn the basics in:
Install laminate flooring
Wall fixings – plasterboard and masonry
Replacing door locks and latches
Tiling a splashback
Painting timber and walls
What do I need to bring
- Steel toe capped boots
Please note that there is a small café which is 5 minutes drive away. We have a basic kitchen with kettle, microwave and fridge.
Where are you based
- Our workshop address is – 4 Winton Farm Barns, Hampstead Norryes, Berkshire, RG180AA
- Please make sure you use Google maps and NOT your car sat nav
On payment you will receive:
- An induction and welcome pack together with a link to an induction checklist. Most of this is designed and geared to the NVQ, however you can view our terms and conditions in this area. You will need to complete the online form so we can have your details in order to produce your certificate
- You will receive a phone call from our training centre manager who will ensure you know where we are and you understand the layout of the training sessions.
What can this course lead to?
- Heightened confidence in DIY and repair work
- Potential to start and apprenticeship
- Potential work which in turn could lead to a CSCS card
- Further courses within the DIY & construction industry
Weekend DIY Course not what you’re looking for?
We offer a wide range of online construction NVQs, which include site management and supervision, shop, bathroom and decking, dry lining fitting, finishing and boarder, Maintenance, carpentry level 2 and 3, plastering level 2 and 3, Brickwork level 2 and 3, formwork, maintenance and many more, click here to view all of our courses. Once you have completed your online NVQ with MT Training we can help you to apply for your different CSCS cards, Green (CSCS Test), Blue, Gold and Black.
As well as online NVQs we also offer apprenticeship training for employers and individuals in the South East of England and midlands, whether you’re looking for carpentry, formwork, plastering or fencing apprenticeship we have a wide selection, click here to find out more.